Rahul more keen to solve Assam`s problems than Modi: Gogoi
Guwahati: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was more keen to resolve Assam`s problems than BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said Wednesday.
Gogoi told media that while Modi spent only three hours in Assam during his recent visit, Gandhi would be spending more time during his two-day visit starting Feb 25.
"Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive in the state Feb 25. He will meet intellectuals and the media in the morning, following which he will address a rally at the Khanapara Veterinary College field," he said.
Gandhi will address another public meeting at Diphu the same day.
The chief minister said Gandhi was likely to participate in a road show from Nagaon to Kaliabhomora the next day. Before leaving the state, he will address a women`s meet at Jorhat Feb 26.
Gogoi said Modi only spent three hours in Guwahati, but Gandhi will be staying for 30 hours in the state "to know the people and the issues related to the people of the state. This shows sincerity of Rahul Gandhi, which Modi lacks".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez