Rail blockade affects Trivandrum, Rajdhani Express
Rangia: Movement of the down Trivandrum Express was blocked by students and public in Assam`s Kamrup district where four other trains also were controlled at different places due to agitation.
Puthimari Anchalik Students Union with the help of local public squatted on the train tracks at Kendukona railway station and blocked movement of the Trivandrum Express for four hours till noon, official sources said.
Due to the blockade the Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express was controlled at Kamakhya, the Manas Rhino Passenger at Rangia and Intercity Express at Ghograpara, Northeast Frontier Railway sources said.
The protestors were demanding regular stoppage of the Coochbehar-Kamakhya and Alipurduar-Morigaon Intercity Express trains at Kendukona railway station.
After senior railway and police officials met them, the protestors agreed to withdraw their blockade giving seven days ultimatum for the stoppage.
Movement of trains began after 12 noon, they added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- SHOCKING! Twitterati abuse Pakistani girl, ask her 'hourly rates' as she wrote blog on 'sex as young woman'
- Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn fans go berserk on Twitter, thanks to Shah Rukh Khan – Know why
- Uttarakhand High Court Chief Justic KM Joseph, who quashed President's rule, transferred
- Evangelist spews venom against Islam, says its a threat to Christianity, Hindus, Jews
- 500 million at risk of contracting Zika in Americas