Rail blockade affects Trivandrum, Rajdhani Express
Rangia: Movement of the down Trivandrum Express was blocked by students and public in Assam`s Kamrup district where four other trains also were controlled at different places due to agitation.
Puthimari Anchalik Students Union with the help of local public squatted on the train tracks at Kendukona railway station and blocked movement of the Trivandrum Express for four hours till noon, official sources said.
Due to the blockade the Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express was controlled at Kamakhya, the Manas Rhino Passenger at Rangia and Intercity Express at Ghograpara, Northeast Frontier Railway sources said.
The protestors were demanding regular stoppage of the Coochbehar-Kamakhya and Alipurduar-Morigaon Intercity Express trains at Kendukona railway station.
After senior railway and police officials met them, the protestors agreed to withdraw their blockade giving seven days ultimatum for the stoppage.
Movement of trains began after 12 noon, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- South Sudan ceasefire monitors warn of violence
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released
- A little butter a day may not harm your heart
- WATCH: What a grab! Eng vs SL - Danushka Gunathilaka pulls off unreal catch
- Indian money in Swiss banks drops by one-third to Rs 8,392 crore