Rail blockade affects Trivandrum, Rajdhani Express
Rangia: Movement of the down Trivandrum Express was blocked by students and public in Assam`s Kamrup district where four other trains also were controlled at different places due to agitation.
Puthimari Anchalik Students Union with the help of local public squatted on the train tracks at Kendukona railway station and blocked movement of the Trivandrum Express for four hours till noon, official sources said.
Due to the blockade the Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express was controlled at Kamakhya, the Manas Rhino Passenger at Rangia and Intercity Express at Ghograpara, Northeast Frontier Railway sources said.
The protestors were demanding regular stoppage of the Coochbehar-Kamakhya and Alipurduar-Morigaon Intercity Express trains at Kendukona railway station.
After senior railway and police officials met them, the protestors agreed to withdraw their blockade giving seven days ultimatum for the stoppage.
Movement of trains began after 12 noon, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?