Rail blockade affects Trivandrum, Rajdhani Express
Rangia: Movement of the down Trivandrum Express was blocked by students and public in Assam`s Kamrup district where four other trains also were controlled at different places due to agitation.
Puthimari Anchalik Students Union with the help of local public squatted on the train tracks at Kendukona railway station and blocked movement of the Trivandrum Express for four hours till noon, official sources said.
Due to the blockade the Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express was controlled at Kamakhya, the Manas Rhino Passenger at Rangia and Intercity Express at Ghograpara, Northeast Frontier Railway sources said.
The protestors were demanding regular stoppage of the Coochbehar-Kamakhya and Alipurduar-Morigaon Intercity Express trains at Kendukona railway station.
After senior railway and police officials met them, the protestors agreed to withdraw their blockade giving seven days ultimatum for the stoppage.
Movement of trains began after 12 noon, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued