RDX to sabotage Independence Day celebration recovered, one arrested in Assam
Haflong: Nearly two kgs of RDX was recovered from a Dima Halam Daoga-Action faction (DHD-A) militant who was apprehended during an operation by security forces in Assam`s Dima Hasao district, police said on Tuesday.
Police and Assam Rifles personnel conducted a joint operation in Moulhoi village late last night and apprehended the militant from whom they recovered 1.8 kgs of RDX.
The militant has been identified as John Gabriel and the police claimed that during investigations he said that the outfit was planning to sabotage the forthcoming Independence Day celebrations by carrying out blasts at Haflong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence