RDX to sabotage Independence Day celebration recovered, one arrested in Assam
Haflong: Nearly two kgs of RDX was recovered from a Dima Halam Daoga-Action faction (DHD-A) militant who was apprehended during an operation by security forces in Assam`s Dima Hasao district, police said on Tuesday.
Police and Assam Rifles personnel conducted a joint operation in Moulhoi village late last night and apprehended the militant from whom they recovered 1.8 kgs of RDX.
The militant has been identified as John Gabriel and the police claimed that during investigations he said that the outfit was planning to sabotage the forthcoming Independence Day celebrations by carrying out blasts at Haflong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor