Rhino carcass found in Assam`s Pobitora
Morigaon: A rhino carcass was recovered Thursday by patrolling forest staff in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam`s Morigaon district.
The carcass of the male rhino with the horn intact was found near the Jogdol forest camp and the cause of the death was natural, a senior forest official said.
Police also arrested two rhino poachers from Khandajan area near the Park while they were moving around in a suspicious manner, he said.
Meanwhile, the flood situation in the Park, 70 per cent of which was under water during the recent wave of flood, was improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj