Rhino carcass found in Assam`s Pobitora
Morigaon: A rhino carcass was recovered Thursday by patrolling forest staff in Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary in Assam`s Morigaon district.
The carcass of the male rhino with the horn intact was found near the Jogdol forest camp and the cause of the death was natural, a senior forest official said.
Police also arrested two rhino poachers from Khandajan area near the Park while they were moving around in a suspicious manner, he said.
Meanwhile, the flood situation in the Park, 70 per cent of which was under water during the recent wave of flood, was improving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued