Road between Silchar-Guwahati disrupted
Silchar: Road communication between Guwahati and Silchar has been disrupted following landslides due to heavy rainfall at five places, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Landslides occurred at five places between Malidhor and Kuliang area at Baleswar near Meghalaya on NH 44 since last evening due to which vehicles, including night buses, were stranded.
A truck was damaged after huge chunks of mud fell on it but there was no casualty or injury, the sources said.
Railway services have also been affected since June one following heavy landslides and damage to tracks due to torrential rains between Harangajao-Mailongdisa stations in southern Assam`s Dima Hasao district.
The tracks have been partially restored but train services were yet to be normalised, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar