Road between Silchar-Guwahati disrupted
Silchar: Road communication between Guwahati and Silchar has been disrupted following landslides due to heavy rainfall at five places, official sources said here on Wednesday.
Landslides occurred at five places between Malidhor and Kuliang area at Baleswar near Meghalaya on NH 44 since last evening due to which vehicles, including night buses, were stranded.
A truck was damaged after huge chunks of mud fell on it but there was no casualty or injury, the sources said.
Railway services have also been affected since June one following heavy landslides and damage to tracks due to torrential rains between Harangajao-Mailongdisa stations in southern Assam`s Dima Hasao district.
The tracks have been partially restored but train services were yet to be normalised, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India