Road blockade on NH-37 by Tiwa students body
Morigaon: Tiwa Yuba Chatra
Parishad on Saturday blocked NH-37 in Assam`s Morigaon district
demanding CBI probe into the death of one of its leaders.
The activists blocked the highway at Dharamtul for
more than four hours this afternoon demanding a CBI inquiry
into the death of its advisor Arun Manta who was knocked down
by a car without a number plate on April 4, 2011.
The activists alleged Manta`s death was a "pre-planned
murder". They had earlier urged the state government to
institute a judicial inquiry but a CID inquiry was ordered
whose report was yet to be made public.
The activist later lifted the blockade on the
assurance of the district administration and there was no
report of any untoward incident, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory