Road blockade on NH-37 by Tiwa students body
Morigaon: Tiwa Yuba Chatra
Parishad on Saturday blocked NH-37 in Assam`s Morigaon district
demanding CBI probe into the death of one of its leaders.
The activists blocked the highway at Dharamtul for
more than four hours this afternoon demanding a CBI inquiry
into the death of its advisor Arun Manta who was knocked down
by a car without a number plate on April 4, 2011.
The activists alleged Manta`s death was a "pre-planned
murder". They had earlier urged the state government to
institute a judicial inquiry but a CID inquiry was ordered
whose report was yet to be made public.
The activist later lifted the blockade on the
assurance of the district administration and there was no
report of any untoward incident, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa