Road blockade on NH-37 by Tiwa students body
Morigaon: Tiwa Yuba Chatra
Parishad on Saturday blocked NH-37 in Assam`s Morigaon district
demanding CBI probe into the death of one of its leaders.
The activists blocked the highway at Dharamtul for
more than four hours this afternoon demanding a CBI inquiry
into the death of its advisor Arun Manta who was knocked down
by a car without a number plate on April 4, 2011.
The activists alleged Manta`s death was a "pre-planned
murder". They had earlier urged the state government to
institute a judicial inquiry but a CID inquiry was ordered
whose report was yet to be made public.
The activist later lifted the blockade on the
assurance of the district administration and there was no
report of any untoward incident, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested