Road links between Silchar-Guwahati disrupted
Silchar: Road communication between Guwahati and Silchar has been disrupted following landslides due to heavy rainfall at five places, official sources said here Wednesday.
Landslides occurred at five places between Malidhor and Kuliang area at Baleswar near Meghalaya on NH 44 since last evening due to which vehicles, including night buses, were stranded.
A truck was damaged after huge chunks of mud fell on it but there was no casualty or injury, the sources said.
Railway services have also been affected since June one following heavy landslides and damage to tracks due to torrential rains between Harangajao-Mailongdisa stations in southern Assam`s Dima Hasao district.
The tracks have been partially restored but train services were yet to be normalised, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!