Scooter blast in Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans were injured when a bomb planted on a scooter blasted in Keisampat in Imphal on Wednesday morning.
The blast took place at 9.00 am when the bomb planted in a two-wheeler, exploded at a crowded bus terminal, injuring two Assam Rifles jawans, who were patrolling the area.
The blast is said to be a powerful one as per initial reports.
What minimised the damage was the morning hour when they are fewer people on the streets.
The injured jawans were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The condition of one of them was stated to be serious, sources said.
Top police officials rushed to the area.
Preliminary reports said the blast could have been triggered by an IED and investigations were on.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!