Scooter blast in Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans were injured when a bomb planted on a scooter blasted in Keisampat in Imphal on Wednesday morning.
The blast took place at 9.00 am when the bomb planted in a two-wheeler, exploded at a crowded bus terminal, injuring two Assam Rifles jawans, who were patrolling the area.
The blast is said to be a powerful one as per initial reports.
What minimised the damage was the morning hour when they are fewer people on the streets.
The injured jawans were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The condition of one of them was stated to be serious, sources said.
Top police officials rushed to the area.
Preliminary reports said the blast could have been triggered by an IED and investigations were on.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption