Scooter blast in Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans injured
Imphal: Two Assam Rifles jawans were injured when a bomb planted on a scooter blasted in Keisampat in Imphal on Wednesday morning.
The blast took place at 9.00 am when the bomb planted in a two-wheeler, exploded at a crowded bus terminal, injuring two Assam Rifles jawans, who were patrolling the area.
The blast is said to be a powerful one as per initial reports.
What minimised the damage was the morning hour when they are fewer people on the streets.
The injured jawans were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The condition of one of them was stated to be serious, sources said.
Top police officials rushed to the area.
Preliminary reports said the blast could have been triggered by an IED and investigations were on.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'