Secretariat staff dies after falling from building in Assam
Guwahati: An employee of the Assam State Secretariat died here after falling from the third floor of a building inside the Secretariat premises on Tuesday.
Police said Prafulla Pran Dutta, who was working as a senior research officer in the Department of Planning and Development, fell from the balcony in the third floor of the Secretariat building.
He was alone in the balcony when the incident took place. Dutta suffered serious injuries and died on the way to hospital.
Police have started an investigation to find the cause of the fall. There are waist-high railings in all the balconies of the secretariat.
However, sources in the Planning Department said Dutta was suffering from high pressure and some other ailments and may have lost balance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends