Section 144 in Kamrup(M) after grenade blast in Guwahati
Guwahati: Following the grenade blast here, Kamrup(Metro) district administration, under which Guwahati city falls, has promulgated Section 144 Cr PC for safety, security and maintenance of public peace and tranquility.
The blast at Paltan Bazar in the heart of the city yesterday left 15 people, including three sports persons from West Bengal, injured.
Official sources said riding of more than one person or pillion riding on any two wheeler has been prohibited in the district.
There are few exceptions like persons above the age of 60, ailing persons travelling to and fro from any hospital, personnel of police and armed forces in uniform, physically handicapped and school children in uniform.
The order will come into force with immediate effect and shall remain effective until further orders, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!