Security beefed up in Assam after blast
Guwahati: Security has been tightened across Assam in the wake of bomb blast by suspected militants in Dibrugarh district, in which a teenage girl was killed and nine persons injured.
All district authorities have been directed to step up security and intensify patrolling to prevent further outbreak of violence, official sources said.
Kamrup district administration has imposed prohibitory orders across the district to prevent unlawful and disruptive activities by any insurgent outfits.
The order, issued by Additional District Magistrate Manik Chandra Sarma, prohibits gathering of more than five persons and carrying of arms and ammunition in public places.
The authorities have also prohibited taking out of processions, slogan shouting and use of loudspeakers in public places.
Entry within an area of 100 metres of vital installations like refineries, oil pipelines, state electricity board offices, BSNL offices and LPG bottling plants was also prohibited.
The order also prohibits pillion riding on two-wheelers, though patients on way to hospitals, security forces, people above the age of 65 years and children below 12 years have been exempted from the purview of the bandh.
The crude bomb was exploded by suspected militants in Dibrugarh town last evening, killing a teenage girl and injuring nine persons, including a woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog