Security beefed up in Assam due to fresh ULFA threat
Guwahati: Security has been beefed up in Assam following a threat by the anti-talk faction of ULFA, a top ranking police officer said.
"We are aware of a letter from the anti talk faction of ULFA threatening subersive activities tomorrow and hence a security alert has been sounded", Assam IGP (law and order) LR Bishnoi told PTI here on Friday.
There is a general alert in upper Assam because of the fresh threat and a watch is being maintained in the all entry and exit point of major towns including Sibsagar, Jorhat, Dibrugarh and Tinsukia, he said.
Meanwhile, a hardcore ULFA ultra was killed in an encounter with the 12 Assam Rifles personnel at Namsai in the neighbouring state of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said here.
The identity of the militant was not yet known.
The ULFA`s anti talk faction led by elusive commander in chief Paresh Baruah has threatened subversive activties till October 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant