Senior KLO `commander` killed in encounter with police
Guwahati: A self-styled commander of the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) who had a Rs three lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with police at Nayakgaon village in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district, police said today.
Following a tip-off about the movement of a group of KLO men in the area under Kokrajhar police station, an operation was launched by police last night, IGP (BTAD Kokrajhar) L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The slain ultra was identified as senior KLO `commander` Brindaban Rajbangshi of Fakiragram area of the district. The state government had announced reward of Rs 3 lakh for hs arrest, Bishnoi said.
A pistol with ten rounds of ammunition were recovered from Rajbangshi, the IGP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan