Senior KLO `commander` killed in encounter with police
Guwahati: A self-styled commander of the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) who had a Rs three lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with police at Nayakgaon village in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district, police said today.
Following a tip-off about the movement of a group of KLO men in the area under Kokrajhar police station, an operation was launched by police last night, IGP (BTAD Kokrajhar) L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The slain ultra was identified as senior KLO `commander` Brindaban Rajbangshi of Fakiragram area of the district. The state government had announced reward of Rs 3 lakh for hs arrest, Bishnoi said.
A pistol with ten rounds of ammunition were recovered from Rajbangshi, the IGP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured