Senior KLO `commander` killed in encounter with police
Guwahati: A self-styled commander of the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) who had a Rs three lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with police at Nayakgaon village in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district, police said today.
Following a tip-off about the movement of a group of KLO men in the area under Kokrajhar police station, an operation was launched by police last night, IGP (BTAD Kokrajhar) L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The slain ultra was identified as senior KLO `commander` Brindaban Rajbangshi of Fakiragram area of the district. The state government had announced reward of Rs 3 lakh for hs arrest, Bishnoi said.
A pistol with ten rounds of ammunition were recovered from Rajbangshi, the IGP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Centre asks states to remove taxes on pulses and edible oils
- Central security agencies ask Delhi Police to remain alert against terror attacks
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Talk to 'voices of dissent' in Kashmir, CPI-M tells Rajnath Singh
- BSF constable stabs colleague, flees with LMG, over 10 magazines in Jammu