Senior KLO `commander` killed in encounter with police
Guwahati: A self-styled commander of the Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) who had a Rs three lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with police at Nayakgaon village in lower Assam`s Kokrajhar district, police said today.
Following a tip-off about the movement of a group of KLO men in the area under Kokrajhar police station, an operation was launched by police last night, IGP (BTAD Kokrajhar) L R Bishnoi told PTI.
The slain ultra was identified as senior KLO `commander` Brindaban Rajbangshi of Fakiragram area of the district. The state government had announced reward of Rs 3 lakh for hs arrest, Bishnoi said.
A pistol with ten rounds of ammunition were recovered from Rajbangshi, the IGP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO