Serial grenade blast in Assam’s Lakhimpur
Guwahati: A serial grenade blast by suspected ULFA (Paresh Barua faction) left five persons injured, two of them seriously, in high-security areas of Lakhimpur town in Assam on Tuesday, police said.
The militants hurled the grenades in half an hour span in high-security Court Road, Jail Road and Chawlduwa area at around 9 pm.
Two of the grenades exploded injuring five persons while a live grenade was recovered from
The anti-talk ULFA ultras hurled the grenades at a vehicle before escaping, eyewitnesses claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?