Severed head of man found near Kamakhya temple
Guwahati: A severed head of man was found
in a polythene bag with a letter beside it near Kamakhya
temple atop the Nilachal Hills here on Friday, police said.
A woman rag-picker found the bag near Kamakhya Nursery
and informed the local people about it who in turn called the
The police found that the letter had the names of
Goddess Kali written on it but suspect that it was put there
to make it appear like a case of human sacrifice.
The police suspect that the unidentified man was
killed in a pre-planned manner.
A massive search operation with sniffer dogs has been
pressed into service to find the body of the person.
Local residents alleged that the killing was done with
the intention of defiling the atmosphere surrounding the holy
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29