Severed head of man found near Kamakhya temple
Guwahati: A severed head of man was found
in a polythene bag with a letter beside it near Kamakhya
temple atop the Nilachal Hills here on Friday, police said.
A woman rag-picker found the bag near Kamakhya Nursery
and informed the local people about it who in turn called the
The police found that the letter had the names of
Goddess Kali written on it but suspect that it was put there
to make it appear like a case of human sacrifice.
The police suspect that the unidentified man was
killed in a pre-planned manner.
A massive search operation with sniffer dogs has been
pressed into service to find the body of the person.
Local residents alleged that the killing was done with
the intention of defiling the atmosphere surrounding the holy
- Protesters in Green Zone, Iraq's PM Haider al-Abadi calls for punishment of rioters
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad are a balanced side now, says David Warner on team's combination
- Vijender Singh hoping to carry momentum into fight in India
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit