Shinde visits Indo-Bangla border in Assam
Dhubri: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today inspected Indo-Bangladesh border at Shishumara and Mohamayachar in Assam`s Dhubri district following allegations of unabated illegal influx.
Shinde went by a special BSF boat to the two places to take stock of the situation but did not interact with the waiting journalists as he inspected the eastern flanks accompanied by senior officials of the Home Ministry and Border Security Force.
He landed in Guwahati in the morning from Delhi on a day-long visit and took off in a helicopter to the BSF border camp in Panbari near here, official sources said.
He boarded a special boat from BSF Bay in Dhubri town to visit the Indo-Bangladesh border, the sources said.
Shinde is also scheduled to visit border areas of Mancachar, some border out posts along the international boundary and interact with officials and jawans there, they said.
Shinde will also review the internal security situation with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior Assam government officials, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living