Shinde visits Indo-Bangla border in Assam
Dhubri: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today inspected Indo-Bangladesh border at Shishumara and Mohamayachar in Assam`s Dhubri district following allegations of unabated illegal influx.
Shinde went by a special BSF boat to the two places to take stock of the situation but did not interact with the waiting journalists as he inspected the eastern flanks accompanied by senior officials of the Home Ministry and Border Security Force.
He landed in Guwahati in the morning from Delhi on a day-long visit and took off in a helicopter to the BSF border camp in Panbari near here, official sources said.
He boarded a special boat from BSF Bay in Dhubri town to visit the Indo-Bangladesh border, the sources said.
Shinde is also scheduled to visit border areas of Mancachar, some border out posts along the international boundary and interact with officials and jawans there, they said.
Shinde will also review the internal security situation with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior Assam government officials, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs