Shinde visits Indo-Bangla border in Assam
Dhubri: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today inspected Indo-Bangladesh border at Shishumara and Mohamayachar in Assam`s Dhubri district following allegations of unabated illegal influx.
Shinde went by a special BSF boat to the two places to take stock of the situation but did not interact with the waiting journalists as he inspected the eastern flanks accompanied by senior officials of the Home Ministry and Border Security Force.
He landed in Guwahati in the morning from Delhi on a day-long visit and took off in a helicopter to the BSF border camp in Panbari near here, official sources said.
He boarded a special boat from BSF Bay in Dhubri town to visit the Indo-Bangladesh border, the sources said.
Shinde is also scheduled to visit border areas of Mancachar, some border out posts along the international boundary and interact with officials and jawans there, they said.
Shinde will also review the internal security situation with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior Assam government officials, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch