Shinde visits Indo-Bangla border in Assam
Dhubri: Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde today inspected Indo-Bangladesh border at Shishumara and Mohamayachar in Assam`s Dhubri district following allegations of unabated illegal influx.
Shinde went by a special BSF boat to the two places to take stock of the situation but did not interact with the waiting journalists as he inspected the eastern flanks accompanied by senior officials of the Home Ministry and Border Security Force.
He landed in Guwahati in the morning from Delhi on a day-long visit and took off in a helicopter to the BSF border camp in Panbari near here, official sources said.
He boarded a special boat from BSF Bay in Dhubri town to visit the Indo-Bangladesh border, the sources said.
Shinde is also scheduled to visit border areas of Mancachar, some border out posts along the international boundary and interact with officials and jawans there, they said.
Shinde will also review the internal security situation with Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and senior Assam government officials, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda