Shootout at Pabitora wildlife sanctuary
Morigaon: A shootout took place between forest guards and poachers from neighbouring Nagaland inside Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district on Friday.
According to forest department sources, four poachers from Nagaland entered the Diplung forest range inside the sanctuary at 3 am this morning.
The alert guards sighted the poachers and there was exchange of fire following which one of them managed to escape and three were nabbed.
Pabitora with 68 sq km area has the highest density of rhino population in the country and houses 86 highly endangered one-horned rhinos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok