Shootout at Pabitora wildlife sanctuary
Morigaon: A shootout took place between forest guards and poachers from neighbouring Nagaland inside Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district on Friday.
According to forest department sources, four poachers from Nagaland entered the Diplung forest range inside the sanctuary at 3 am this morning.
The alert guards sighted the poachers and there was exchange of fire following which one of them managed to escape and three were nabbed.
Pabitora with 68 sq km area has the highest density of rhino population in the country and houses 86 highly endangered one-horned rhinos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!