Shootout at Pabitora wildlife sanctuary
Morigaon: A shootout took place between forest guards and poachers from neighbouring Nagaland inside Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district on Friday.
According to forest department sources, four poachers from Nagaland entered the Diplung forest range inside the sanctuary at 3 am this morning.
The alert guards sighted the poachers and there was exchange of fire following which one of them managed to escape and three were nabbed.
Pabitora with 68 sq km area has the highest density of rhino population in the country and houses 86 highly endangered one-horned rhinos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital