Shootout at Pabitora wildlife sanctuary
Morigaon: A shootout took place between forest guards and poachers from neighbouring Nagaland inside Pabitora wildlife sanctuary in central Assam`s Morigaon district on Friday.
According to forest department sources, four poachers from Nagaland entered the Diplung forest range inside the sanctuary at 3 am this morning.
The alert guards sighted the poachers and there was exchange of fire following which one of them managed to escape and three were nabbed.
Pabitora with 68 sq km area has the highest density of rhino population in the country and houses 86 highly endangered one-horned rhinos.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital