SIT to send footage of Guwahati molestation for forensic test
Guwahati: The special investigation team (SIT) of Assam police set up to probe the July 9 molestation case in the city will send raw footages of the incident recorded by a private channel for forensic test.
"We have gathered the footage and we will be sending it for forensic test," SIT head Ranjan Bhuyan said adding it would be done within a day or two.
The footage have come under scrutiny after Krishak Mukti Sangram Samity (KMSS) leader Akhil Gogoi alleged that the channel`s reporter Gaurav Jyoti Neog instigated the mob who were responsible for the molestation of the girl.
Bhuyan, also Superintendent of Police (Operations) said police teams have been sent out of the state in search of the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita, who is untraced.
Meanwhile, Anand Prakash Tiwari took over as the new Senior Superintendent of Police of Guwahati today. He replaced Apurba Jibon Barua who was transferred after the molestation caught national attention.
Tiwari after assuming duty met senior city police officials and took stock of the situation.
Meanwhile, Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has also sought a detailed report of the case from Assam Director General of Police (DGP) Jayanto Narayan Choudhury, official sources said.
AHRC issued a notice to the DGP asking him to conduct an inquiry and submit the report to it within 21 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in