SIT to send footage of Guwahati molestation for forensic test
Guwahati: The special investigation team (SIT) of Assam police set up to probe the July 9 molestation case in the city will send raw footages of the incident recorded by a private channel for forensic test.
"We have gathered the footage and we will be sending it for forensic test," SIT head Ranjan Bhuyan said adding it would be done within a day or two.
The footage have come under scrutiny after Krishak Mukti Sangram Samity (KMSS) leader Akhil Gogoi alleged that the channel`s reporter Gaurav Jyoti Neog instigated the mob who were responsible for the molestation of the girl.
Bhuyan, also Superintendent of Police (Operations) said police teams have been sent out of the state in search of the prime accused Amar Jyoti Kalita, who is untraced.
Meanwhile, Anand Prakash Tiwari took over as the new Senior Superintendent of Police of Guwahati today. He replaced Apurba Jibon Barua who was transferred after the molestation caught national attention.
Tiwari after assuming duty met senior city police officials and took stock of the situation.
Meanwhile, Assam Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has also sought a detailed report of the case from Assam Director General of Police (DGP) Jayanto Narayan Choudhury, official sources said.
AHRC issued a notice to the DGP asking him to conduct an inquiry and submit the report to it within 21 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened