Six bodies recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Six bodies with injury marks have been recovered from a village in Udalguri district of Assam, police said on Monday.
Five bodies, with injury marks caused by sharp weapons, were dug out from a place at Lailongpara village last evening. Another body was found near a road side ditch in Gosenpara area of the same district today, the police said.
The five persons, missing since January three, were suspected to have been killed due to a land dispute and buried in a freshly dug pit.
The bodies were identified as that of 60-year-old Furen Narzary, Sohan Gour, his wife Dinu, his relatives Jatin Gour and Deobari Gour.
The Gours hailed from Fuloguri village, about 25km from the spot where the bodies were found.
The body recovered today has been identified as that Sunil Murmu and the cause of the killing was yet to be ascertained.
A massive man hunt has been launched to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown