Six bodies recovered in Assam
Guwahati: Six bodies with injury marks have been recovered from a village in Udalguri district of Assam, police said on Monday.
Five bodies, with injury marks caused by sharp weapons, were dug out from a place at Lailongpara village last evening. Another body was found near a road side ditch in Gosenpara area of the same district today, the police said.
The five persons, missing since January three, were suspected to have been killed due to a land dispute and buried in a freshly dug pit.
The bodies were identified as that of 60-year-old Furen Narzary, Sohan Gour, his wife Dinu, his relatives Jatin Gour and Deobari Gour.
The Gours hailed from Fuloguri village, about 25km from the spot where the bodies were found.
The body recovered today has been identified as that Sunil Murmu and the cause of the killing was yet to be ascertained.
A massive man hunt has been launched to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city