Six killed in Assam bus accident
Six passengers were killed and 40 others injured in a collision between two buses on the Haijan bridge on NH-52 in Lakhimpur district on Wednesday, police said.
The mishap occured when a Arunachal Pradesh State Transport Corporation bus from Along to Itanagar collided with a private bus from Brpeta to Silapather at about 5 am.
The drivers and their assistants of both the buses died.
The injured passengers, 10 of whose condition was stated to be critical, were admitted to the North Lakhimpur Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000