Six killed in attack by militants in Assam
Diphu: Six persons, including two militants, were killed in an attack and counter-attack in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
A group of Karbi Peoples` Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militants swooped down on Khowanigaon village in Bokajan sub-division and fired killing four persons, including three women, police sources said.
Those killed were identified as Ngashenle N Rengma, Rhinghole H Rengma, Logule S Rengma and Kegwathong K Rengma.
Following the attack, militants belonging to Naga Rengma Hills Protection Force launched a counter attack and killed two KPLT militants in a dense forest about five kilometres from the village, sources said.
The village, inhabited by Rengma villagers, had earlier witnessed a clash with Karbis a week ago who had threatened them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman