Six killed in attack by militants in Assam
Diphu: Six persons, including two militants, were killed in an attack and counter-attack in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Friday.
A group of Karbi Peoples` Liberation Tigers (KPLT) militants swooped down on Khowanigaon village in Bokajan sub-division and fired killing four persons, including three women, police sources said.
Those killed were identified as Ngashenle N Rengma, Rhinghole H Rengma, Logule S Rengma and Kegwathong K Rengma.
Following the attack, militants belonging to Naga Rengma Hills Protection Force launched a counter attack and killed two KPLT militants in a dense forest about five kilometres from the village, sources said.
The village, inhabited by Rengma villagers, had earlier witnessed a clash with Karbis a week ago who had threatened them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress