Six KPLT militants killed in encounter
Diphu: Six militants of Karbi Peoples` Liberation Tigers (KPLT), including its self-styled Commander-in-Chief, were killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on , police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the army and police, launched an operation in Singhason Hill area under Manja police station and six militants were killed in the ensuing encounter, they said.
The deceased include KPLT commander-in-chief Kangthro while others are yet to be identified, police stated.
Five weapons of the AK series, 7mm pistols and SLRs along with a huge cache of ammunitions and medicines were recovered from the slain militants, they claimed.
The KPLT was involved in killings, abductions, large scale extortions and had called an indefinite before the Lok Sabha polls demanding a separate state for the Karbis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal