Six KPLT militants killed in encounter
Diphu: Six militants of Karbi Peoples` Liberation Tigers (KPLT), including its self-styled Commander-in-Chief, were killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on , police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the army and police, launched an operation in Singhason Hill area under Manja police station and six militants were killed in the ensuing encounter, they said.
The deceased include KPLT commander-in-chief Kangthro while others are yet to be identified, police stated.
Five weapons of the AK series, 7mm pistols and SLRs along with a huge cache of ammunitions and medicines were recovered from the slain militants, they claimed.
The KPLT was involved in killings, abductions, large scale extortions and had called an indefinite before the Lok Sabha polls demanding a separate state for the Karbis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users