Six persons arrested in Udalguri
Guwahati: Six persons, claiming to be
former BLT militants, were today arrested and illegal arms and ammunition recovered from their possession in Udalguri district of Assam, official sources said.
The army and the police in a joint drive against seizing illegal arms, seized four AK-47 rifles, 65 rounds of ammunition, four mobiles and a motorcycle during a raid in the residence of a person, identified as Dipak Daimary, in Simulu area of the district.
The security forces arrested six persons, including Daimary, who claimed that they were former BLT militants and the weapons were with them since they were members of the outfit.
The other arrested persons have been identified as Haitha Boro, Putul Boro, Jaleswar Boro, Dipul Boro and Nareswar Boro while two women family members of Daimary have been picked up for further interrogation, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA