Six-year old raped in Assam
Tezpur (Assam): A minor was allegedly raped by two persons on Monday in North Lakhimpur district, close on the heels of the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl in Dibrugarh district, police said.
The six-year old girl was found in a critical condition, covered with a thin sheet of cloth, near the Sundiri river at Pub Chandmari under Lakhimpur Sadar police station this morning, Lakhimpur Superintendent of Police Prasanta Bhuyan said.
The girl`s mother, a construction worker, had filed a complaint with the police that her daughter was missing since last night, Bhuyan said.
Based on the complaint, two of her neighbours identified as Sahabuddin and Nekibuddin were arrested, the SP said.
Joint Director (Health) Lakhimpur Dr R N Pegu told PTI that the minor was examined by a gynaecologist at Lakhimpur Civil Hospital who reported that she was seriously injured with marks on her entire body and forehead and she bled heavily.
She was then referred to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital as her condition was critical, Pegu said.
A 15-year old girl was gang-raped on Saturday night in front of her teenage neighbour near Dibrugarh Railway station by a gang of college students. Three accused were arrested and one was absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam