Six-year old raped in Assam
Tezpur (Assam): A minor was allegedly raped by two persons on Monday in North Lakhimpur district, close on the heels of the gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl in Dibrugarh district, police said.
The six-year old girl was found in a critical condition, covered with a thin sheet of cloth, near the Sundiri river at Pub Chandmari under Lakhimpur Sadar police station this morning, Lakhimpur Superintendent of Police Prasanta Bhuyan said.
The girl`s mother, a construction worker, had filed a complaint with the police that her daughter was missing since last night, Bhuyan said.
Based on the complaint, two of her neighbours identified as Sahabuddin and Nekibuddin were arrested, the SP said.
Joint Director (Health) Lakhimpur Dr R N Pegu told PTI that the minor was examined by a gynaecologist at Lakhimpur Civil Hospital who reported that she was seriously injured with marks on her entire body and forehead and she bled heavily.
She was then referred to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital as her condition was critical, Pegu said.
A 15-year old girl was gang-raped on Saturday night in front of her teenage neighbour near Dibrugarh Railway station by a gang of college students. Three accused were arrested and one was absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details