Slight intensity quake felt in Assam
Shillong: A slight intensity quake measuring 3.9 on the Richter scale hit Marigaon area of Assam this morning, officials said.
The quake which took place at 7.10 am was epicentred at 92.4 degrees north latitude and 26.2 degrees east longitude, India Meteorological Department officials here said.
A mild quake with a magnitude of 3.4 had hit West Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya yesterday at around 6 am, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets