Special licence for New Year eve functions required
Guwahati: Bars, hotels, restaurants and other such establishments in the city would have to secure special licences for organising late night festivities and serving of alcoholic beverages on December 31.
As per decision taken by the administration of Kamrup Metro district, in case of any music or orchestra performance also the one-time special permit would be applicable.
"The establishments would have to secure the special licence for serving liquor and for organising any party on December 31. Previous track record of the establishment would be taken into account while issuing the licence," Kamrup Metro Senior Superintendent of Police A K Tiwari said.
The licence would be applicable even to establishments having general permit to serve liquors.
He said bars and restaurants with liqour permit, who secure the special licence, would be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages till 12 o`clock midnight, while parties and events have to be over by 12.30 am.
Tiwari said no bartender below the age of 21 years could be employed for serving drinks during the parties.
"The wine shops would have to close at the usual time of 10 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley