Special licence for New Year eve functions required
Guwahati: Bars, hotels, restaurants and other such establishments in the city would have to secure special licences for organising late night festivities and serving of alcoholic beverages on December 31.
As per decision taken by the administration of Kamrup Metro district, in case of any music or orchestra performance also the one-time special permit would be applicable.
"The establishments would have to secure the special licence for serving liquor and for organising any party on December 31. Previous track record of the establishment would be taken into account while issuing the licence," Kamrup Metro Senior Superintendent of Police A K Tiwari said.
The licence would be applicable even to establishments having general permit to serve liquors.
He said bars and restaurants with liqour permit, who secure the special licence, would be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages till 12 o`clock midnight, while parties and events have to be over by 12.30 am.
Tiwari said no bartender below the age of 21 years could be employed for serving drinks during the parties.
"The wine shops would have to close at the usual time of 10 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!