Special licence for New Year eve functions required
Guwahati: Bars, hotels, restaurants and other such establishments in the city would have to secure special licences for organising late night festivities and serving of alcoholic beverages on December 31.
As per decision taken by the administration of Kamrup Metro district, in case of any music or orchestra performance also the one-time special permit would be applicable.
"The establishments would have to secure the special licence for serving liquor and for organising any party on December 31. Previous track record of the establishment would be taken into account while issuing the licence," Kamrup Metro Senior Superintendent of Police A K Tiwari said.
The licence would be applicable even to establishments having general permit to serve liquors.
He said bars and restaurants with liqour permit, who secure the special licence, would be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages till 12 o`clock midnight, while parties and events have to be over by 12.30 am.
Tiwari said no bartender below the age of 21 years could be employed for serving drinks during the parties.
"The wine shops would have to close at the usual time of 10 pm," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says