Spl train to Bangalore for NE people
Guwahati: A special train will leave here for Bangalore Thursday to carry people who had returned to the north east from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong told a news agency today that the train having over 16 coaches will leave here at 1.15 pm.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said.
Assam government has provided free tickets after those belonging to the state expressed their desire to return, official sources said, adding that the state government has made payments for purchasing tickets to the Railways.
Earlier, two special trains taking passengers back to Bangalore from Guwahati had left on September 1 and 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'