Spl train to Bangalore for NE people
Guwahati: A special train will leave here for Bangalore Thursday to carry people who had returned to the north east from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong told a news agency today that the train having over 16 coaches will leave here at 1.15 pm.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said.
Assam government has provided free tickets after those belonging to the state expressed their desire to return, official sources said, adding that the state government has made payments for purchasing tickets to the Railways.
Earlier, two special trains taking passengers back to Bangalore from Guwahati had left on September 1 and 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical