Spl train to Bangalore for NE people
Guwahati: A special train will leave here for Bangalore Thursday to carry people who had returned to the north east from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong told a news agency today that the train having over 16 coaches will leave here at 1.15 pm.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said.
Assam government has provided free tickets after those belonging to the state expressed their desire to return, official sources said, adding that the state government has made payments for purchasing tickets to the Railways.
Earlier, two special trains taking passengers back to Bangalore from Guwahati had left on September 1 and 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!