Spl train to Bangalore for NE people
Guwahati: A special train will leave here for Bangalore Thursday to carry people who had returned to the north east from southern states following threats of attack.
Northeast Frontier Railway`s spokesman S Hajong told a news agency today that the train having over 16 coaches will leave here at 1.15 pm.
It will halt at Rangia, Barpeta Road, New Bongaigaon and Kokrajhar stations in Assam, he said.
Assam government has provided free tickets after those belonging to the state expressed their desire to return, official sources said, adding that the state government has made payments for purchasing tickets to the Railways.
Earlier, two special trains taking passengers back to Bangalore from Guwahati had left on September 1 and 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH