SSB reviews security on railway tracks in Assam
Guwahati: Pickets have been established and regular patrols are being made by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for ensuring the security of railway tracks in violence-hit areas of lower Assam.
This was stated by Abhishek Anand, commandant of SSB units deployed along railway tracks from Srirampur to Fakiragram railway Station at a meeting yesterday.
Anand requested the railway authorities for assistance in terms of close coordination with GRP, RPF and gangmen for smooth and effective patrolling on the track.
He gave a presentation on the present security arrangements and vulnerable points along the 40 km track.
The meeting was held at Gossaingaon in Kokrajhar district presided over by SSB DIG (Bongaigaon Sector) Sudhir Kumar, a statement said.
A detailed discussion was held on various points and strategy on security of the tracks was reviewed.
During the meeting, DIG Kumar asked the Railway authorities to visit vulnerable points and arrange to clear undergrowth for clear visibility.
He also directed SSB officers that all modern electronic gadgets and sniffer dogs be used for the security of the tracks.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro