SSB reviews security on railway tracks in Assam
Guwahati: Pickets have been established and regular patrols are being made by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for ensuring the security of railway tracks in violence-hit areas of lower Assam.
This was stated by Abhishek Anand, commandant of SSB units deployed along railway tracks from Srirampur to Fakiragram railway Station at a meeting yesterday.
Anand requested the railway authorities for assistance in terms of close coordination with GRP, RPF and gangmen for smooth and effective patrolling on the track.
He gave a presentation on the present security arrangements and vulnerable points along the 40 km track.
The meeting was held at Gossaingaon in Kokrajhar district presided over by SSB DIG (Bongaigaon Sector) Sudhir Kumar, a statement said.
A detailed discussion was held on various points and strategy on security of the tracks was reviewed.
During the meeting, DIG Kumar asked the Railway authorities to visit vulnerable points and arrange to clear undergrowth for clear visibility.
He also directed SSB officers that all modern electronic gadgets and sniffer dogs be used for the security of the tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases