SSB reviews security on railway tracks in Assam
Guwahati: Pickets have been established and regular patrols are being made by Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) for ensuring the security of railway tracks in violence-hit areas of lower Assam.
This was stated by Abhishek Anand, commandant of SSB units deployed along railway tracks from Srirampur to Fakiragram railway Station at a meeting yesterday.
Anand requested the railway authorities for assistance in terms of close coordination with GRP, RPF and gangmen for smooth and effective patrolling on the track.
He gave a presentation on the present security arrangements and vulnerable points along the 40 km track.
The meeting was held at Gossaingaon in Kokrajhar district presided over by SSB DIG (Bongaigaon Sector) Sudhir Kumar, a statement said.
A detailed discussion was held on various points and strategy on security of the tracks was reviewed.
During the meeting, DIG Kumar asked the Railway authorities to visit vulnerable points and arrange to clear undergrowth for clear visibility.
He also directed SSB officers that all modern electronic gadgets and sniffer dogs be used for the security of the tracks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster