Stop rumour-mongering: Gogoi to media, civil society
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today asked the media, political parties and the civil society to stop rumour mongering and asked for exercising of restraint in the wake of the largescale ethnic clashes in the state.
"Please cooperate with the government. I appeal to the media, political parties and the civil society to cooperate and stop rumour mongering", Gogoi told reporters at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
"Our government is sincere to ensure that victims return to their homes which will be possible within a fortnight.
"We have decided to post additional security pickets in the affected areas. This is not a time for blame game," he said.
The problem has been solved to an extent and nobody should take advantage of the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics