Stop rumour-mongering: Gogoi to media, civil society
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today asked the media, political parties and the civil society to stop rumour mongering and asked for exercising of restraint in the wake of the largescale ethnic clashes in the state.
"Please cooperate with the government. I appeal to the media, political parties and the civil society to cooperate and stop rumour mongering", Gogoi told reporters at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
"Our government is sincere to ensure that victims return to their homes which will be possible within a fortnight.
"We have decided to post additional security pickets in the affected areas. This is not a time for blame game," he said.
The problem has been solved to an extent and nobody should take advantage of the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda