Stop rumour-mongering: Gogoi to media, civil society
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today asked the media, political parties and the civil society to stop rumour mongering and asked for exercising of restraint in the wake of the largescale ethnic clashes in the state.
"Please cooperate with the government. I appeal to the media, political parties and the civil society to cooperate and stop rumour mongering", Gogoi told reporters at Raj Bhavan in the presence of Union Home Minister P Chidambaram here.
"Our government is sincere to ensure that victims return to their homes which will be possible within a fortnight.
"We have decided to post additional security pickets in the affected areas. This is not a time for blame game," he said.
The problem has been solved to an extent and nobody should take advantage of the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi