Student`s death leads to burning of vehicles
Guwahati: The death of a school student in an accident at Bijni town in Chirang district on Friday led to mob fury with locals torching four vehicles and damaging several others following the accident.
Police said Bijni Arunodoy Jatiya Vidyalaya student Mafidul Islam was killed on the spot when a speeding vehicle knocked him down.
Enraged public then blocked the road and went about damaging vehicles and setting ablaze four of them, the police said.
Though the situation was brought under control, tension prevails in the town where a huge contingent of police and CRPF personnel are deployed following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj