Student`s death leads to burning of vehicles
Guwahati: The death of a school student in an accident at Bijni town in Chirang district on Friday led to mob fury with locals torching four vehicles and damaging several others following the accident.
Police said Bijni Arunodoy Jatiya Vidyalaya student Mafidul Islam was killed on the spot when a speeding vehicle knocked him down.
Enraged public then blocked the road and went about damaging vehicles and setting ablaze four of them, the police said.
Though the situation was brought under control, tension prevails in the town where a huge contingent of police and CRPF personnel are deployed following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video
- Australian PM says won't back former leader Rudd for top UN job