Student`s death leads to burning of vehicles
Guwahati: The death of a school student in an accident at Bijni town in Chirang district on Friday led to mob fury with locals torching four vehicles and damaging several others following the accident.
Police said Bijni Arunodoy Jatiya Vidyalaya student Mafidul Islam was killed on the spot when a speeding vehicle knocked him down.
Enraged public then blocked the road and went about damaging vehicles and setting ablaze four of them, the police said.
Though the situation was brought under control, tension prevails in the town where a huge contingent of police and CRPF personnel are deployed following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement