Students missing in boat capsize incidents
Morigaon: At least five school students were missing in two separate boat capsize incidents in Central Assam`s Morigaon district Tuesday morning, while 13 others were either rescued or swam to safety, police sources said.
Three school boys of Burgaon High School were missing after the boat carrying 10 students capsized at Burgaon Patekibori under Mayong police station at around 8.45 am, the sources said.
In a similar incident at Bholokaguri under the same police station, two other school boys were missing when their boat capsized at around 8 am, while six other students in the boat swam to safety.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), police along with local people swung into action to rescue the students and launched a search operation to find out the five missing students, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!