Students missing in boat capsize incidents
Morigaon: At least five school students were missing in two separate boat capsize incidents in Central Assam`s Morigaon district Tuesday morning, while 13 others were either rescued or swam to safety, police sources said.
Three school boys of Burgaon High School were missing after the boat carrying 10 students capsized at Burgaon Patekibori under Mayong police station at around 8.45 am, the sources said.
In a similar incident at Bholokaguri under the same police station, two other school boys were missing when their boat capsized at around 8 am, while six other students in the boat swam to safety.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), police along with local people swung into action to rescue the students and launched a search operation to find out the five missing students, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, China should resolve issues through political acumen: Pranab Mukherjee
- Ex-Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi convoy attacked, police van set on fire near Gaya
- IPL 2016: David Warner praises SRH bowlers, fielders for win over KKR in IPL Eliminator
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- After Arvind Kejriwal, Sonia Gandhi meets 13-year-old Delhi rape victim at AIIMS