Students missing in boat capsize incidents
Morigaon: At least five school students were missing in two separate boat capsize incidents in Central Assam`s Morigaon district Tuesday morning, while 13 others were either rescued or swam to safety, police sources said.
Three school boys of Burgaon High School were missing after the boat carrying 10 students capsized at Burgaon Patekibori under Mayong police station at around 8.45 am, the sources said.
In a similar incident at Bholokaguri under the same police station, two other school boys were missing when their boat capsized at around 8 am, while six other students in the boat swam to safety.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), police along with local people swung into action to rescue the students and launched a search operation to find out the five missing students, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter