Subrata Mukherjee shown yellow card: Mishra
Jalpaiguri: West Bengal`s opposition leader Surya Kanta Mishra today said Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who had criticised the Governor for his comments on political violence in the state, has himself been shown the yellow card by his party.
"Those who wanted to show the yellow card to the Governor have been showed the yellow card themselves. He has been asked to keep his mouth shut," Mishra said without naming Mukherjee.
Governor Narayanan`s comment on "goondaism" while referring to political violence in the state had drawn sharp reaction from Mukherjee who had reportedly boasted of showing the `yellow card` to the Governor.
Mukherjee subsequently denied having used the words `yellow card`.
Addressing workers of tea gardens at a programme here, Mishra alleged they are paid very badly. He asked the state government to ensure that their dearness allowance is increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly
- Masala bonds to ease capital constraints for banks: Fitch
- 23-year-old rejected by Indian Army `because he has a Modi tattoo on his chest`