Subrata Mukherjee shown yellow card: Mishra
Jalpaiguri: West Bengal`s opposition leader Surya Kanta Mishra today said Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who had criticised the Governor for his comments on political violence in the state, has himself been shown the yellow card by his party.
"Those who wanted to show the yellow card to the Governor have been showed the yellow card themselves. He has been asked to keep his mouth shut," Mishra said without naming Mukherjee.
Governor Narayanan`s comment on "goondaism" while referring to political violence in the state had drawn sharp reaction from Mukherjee who had reportedly boasted of showing the `yellow card` to the Governor.
Mukherjee subsequently denied having used the words `yellow card`.
Addressing workers of tea gardens at a programme here, Mishra alleged they are paid very badly. He asked the state government to ensure that their dearness allowance is increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information