Subrata Mukherjee shown yellow card: Mishra
Jalpaiguri: West Bengal`s opposition leader Surya Kanta Mishra today said Panchayat Minister Subrata Mukherjee, who had criticised the Governor for his comments on political violence in the state, has himself been shown the yellow card by his party.
"Those who wanted to show the yellow card to the Governor have been showed the yellow card themselves. He has been asked to keep his mouth shut," Mishra said without naming Mukherjee.
Governor Narayanan`s comment on "goondaism" while referring to political violence in the state had drawn sharp reaction from Mukherjee who had reportedly boasted of showing the `yellow card` to the Governor.
Mukherjee subsequently denied having used the words `yellow card`.
Addressing workers of tea gardens at a programme here, Mishra alleged they are paid very badly. He asked the state government to ensure that their dearness allowance is increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef