Summer vacations in troubled Assam districts extended
Kokrajhar: With refugee camps set up in educational institutions in troubled Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts in Assam, summer vacations were extended for another week on Wednesday.
"The summer vacation of educational institutions have been extended by seven more days which could be extended further, if needed," Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
"We will, however, make efforts to vacate educational institutions and shift refugees to some other place like clubs and community halls," he said.
For students displaced in the violence free text books and education materials will be provided, the minister said.
He said that doctors and para medical teams from medical colleges with medicines were checking refugees in camps.
The minister also directed the local authorities to list the number of children and pregnant women in relief camps for special care, if needed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’