Summer vacations in troubled Assam districts extended
Kokrajhar: With refugee camps set up in educational institutions in troubled Kokrajhar, Chirang and Dhubri districts in Assam, summer vacations were extended for another week on Wednesday.
"The summer vacation of educational institutions have been extended by seven more days which could be extended further, if needed," Education and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
"We will, however, make efforts to vacate educational institutions and shift refugees to some other place like clubs and community halls," he said.
For students displaced in the violence free text books and education materials will be provided, the minister said.
He said that doctors and para medical teams from medical colleges with medicines were checking refugees in camps.
The minister also directed the local authorities to list the number of children and pregnant women in relief camps for special care, if needed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury