Surrendered NDFB cadre, two others arrested
Itanagar: A surrendered NDFB cadre and two others who were involved in several extortion cases have been arrested from the state capital, police said Monday.
After the arrest of one Preminee Narzary, a driver from Chandranagar area here Friday, police got the clue and arrested the others from Dimapur in Nagaland yesterday, Capital SP Nabum Gungte said .
Preminee, who hails from Dhekiajuli under Assam?s Sonitpur district, spilt the beans during interrogation.
A police team carried out a series of raids and arrested Morda Bosumotary (25) and Jonah Narzary (26) ? both residents of Fungvila village, in Sonitpur district, from Dimapur town and brought them to Itanagar police station.
On interrogation, Morda Bosumotary disclosed that he was a surrendered NDFB activist and confessed about his involvement in serving extortion demands earlier through mobiles to many people of Itanagar area, including some politicians, police said.
As per their modus operandi, according to police, they used to obtain mobile numbers of businessmen and rich people and demand money from them using several SIMs obtained illegally from Dimapur in the name of a militant organization, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?