Surrendered NDFB cadre, two others arrested
Itanagar: A surrendered NDFB cadre and two others who were involved in several extortion cases have been arrested from the state capital, police said Monday.
After the arrest of one Preminee Narzary, a driver from Chandranagar area here Friday, police got the clue and arrested the others from Dimapur in Nagaland yesterday, Capital SP Nabum Gungte said .
Preminee, who hails from Dhekiajuli under Assam?s Sonitpur district, spilt the beans during interrogation.
A police team carried out a series of raids and arrested Morda Bosumotary (25) and Jonah Narzary (26) ? both residents of Fungvila village, in Sonitpur district, from Dimapur town and brought them to Itanagar police station.
On interrogation, Morda Bosumotary disclosed that he was a surrendered NDFB activist and confessed about his involvement in serving extortion demands earlier through mobiles to many people of Itanagar area, including some politicians, police said.
As per their modus operandi, according to police, they used to obtain mobile numbers of businessmen and rich people and demand money from them using several SIMs obtained illegally from Dimapur in the name of a militant organization, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani