Take steps to contain violence in Assam: VHP
Jaipur: VHP on Sunday appealed the government to speed up its efforts to completely contain the Assam violence and draw "a workable plan to move out illegal migrants from the country".
The government should provide safety to the people from North-East and those behind the violence should be identified and arrested, VHP vice president Balkrishna Naik said here.
"The government should move out all illegal Bangladeshi migrants from the country. Those who are supporting anti-national elements in Assam should also be booked," Balkrishna said.
"The government should accelerate efforts to restore situation in Assam, and provide relief to those who have become homeless due to the violence," he said.
He also demanded that all those involved in the violence in Mumbai, during a protest rally against Assam violence, should be arrested and stern action be initiated against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi