Take steps to contain violence in Assam: VHP
Jaipur: VHP on Sunday appealed the government to speed up its efforts to completely contain the Assam violence and draw "a workable plan to move out illegal migrants from the country".
The government should provide safety to the people from North-East and those behind the violence should be identified and arrested, VHP vice president Balkrishna Naik said here.
"The government should move out all illegal Bangladeshi migrants from the country. Those who are supporting anti-national elements in Assam should also be booked," Balkrishna said.
"The government should accelerate efforts to restore situation in Assam, and provide relief to those who have become homeless due to the violence," he said.
He also demanded that all those involved in the violence in Mumbai, during a protest rally against Assam violence, should be arrested and stern action be initiated against them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket