Tarun Gogoi administers national integration pledge
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday administered the national integration pledge at the state secretariat here on the occasion of the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
The Chief Minister administered the oath to protect the unity and integrity of the country and shun violence to the officers and secretariat staff.
Chief Secretary NK Das and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
The pledge was also taken in government offices and public sector undertakings and institutions across the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?