Tarun Gogoi asks people to treat Narendra Modi as guest during February 22 rally
Silchar: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Thursday urged people of his state to treat BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "mehman" (guest) during his rally here on Saturday.
"Modi) will stay here only two or three hours. He is a mehman (guest) visiting us for such a short time, so treat him as you treat a guest," Gogoi said on the sidelines of a function here.
Modi is scheduled to address a rally here in the city on Saturday before leaving for another one to be held at Pasighat in East Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Talking more about the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls, the Chief Minister opined that the AIUDF has no future in the state as it was not interested in serving the people.
"Many Muslims were influenced by the AIUDF and had cast their vote in favour of their candidates in the last elections but ultimately they have realised that the leaders of the party are not interested in serving them," the Chief Minister said.
"AIUDF leader Badruddin Ajmal contested the last Parliamentary elections from Silchar. He lost the polls, and in fact, he gave away the seat indirectly to BJP but now people will not repeat the same mistake," he said.
Gogoi claimed that the state had reached a new era of development which happened only because of Congress and he belonged to that party which thought for the people of Assam.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference