Tarun Gogoi dismisses dissidence within Congress in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister on Tuesday rubbished rumours of dissidence within Congress legislators saying that nobody was unhappy with him.
"There is no dissidence. Not a single MLA is saying that Tarun Gogoi should be removed," Gogoi told reporters here, adding that reshuffle of portfolios will soon take place.
The Chief Minister, meanwhile, said that a special force will be formed for the security of doctors and other staff of medical colleges and hospitals in the state.
The announcement came following an Assam Medical College postgraduate student`s murder in the hospital premises last Friday.
"When I met the medical students, they told me that frequent attacks are taking place at different medical colleges and hospitals across Assam. We have to take measures to stop this.
"We will create a force to provide security to medical professionals. This force may not require very intense and sophisticated training," he said.
Last Friday, a first-year post graduate student Sarita Tasniwal was found dead inside the Assam Medical College ICU.
The ICU`s ward boy Khiru Mech was arrested who confessed of murdering her after a rape-attempt along with four others.
The Junior Doctors` Association spearheaded a protest demanding exemplary punishment of the accused and stepped up security within campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened