Tarun Gogoi dismisses dissidence within Congress in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister on Tuesday rubbished rumours of dissidence within Congress legislators saying that nobody was unhappy with him.
"There is no dissidence. Not a single MLA is saying that Tarun Gogoi should be removed," Gogoi told reporters here, adding that reshuffle of portfolios will soon take place.
The Chief Minister, meanwhile, said that a special force will be formed for the security of doctors and other staff of medical colleges and hospitals in the state.
The announcement came following an Assam Medical College postgraduate student`s murder in the hospital premises last Friday.
"When I met the medical students, they told me that frequent attacks are taking place at different medical colleges and hospitals across Assam. We have to take measures to stop this.
"We will create a force to provide security to medical professionals. This force may not require very intense and sophisticated training," he said.
Last Friday, a first-year post graduate student Sarita Tasniwal was found dead inside the Assam Medical College ICU.
The ICU`s ward boy Khiru Mech was arrested who confessed of murdering her after a rape-attempt along with four others.
The Junior Doctors` Association spearheaded a protest demanding exemplary punishment of the accused and stepped up security within campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'