Tarun Gogoi has failed: AIUDF chief
Guwahati: AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal on Sunday said Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had failed in his duty as the state home minister as evidenced in the violence in lower Assam that had calimed 77 lives.
"The law and order machinery in the state has failed and Gogoi as the chief minister has to bear the responsibility for this," Ajmal, whose party is the largest opposition party in the state, told reporters here today.
The condition of the minorities affected in the violence was pathetic and they would not be able to return to their respective homes from the camps by August 15 as most are still traumatised.
``The government has to provide adequate security to the victims and allay their fears so that they can leave the camps``, he added.
The AIUDF leader said he had no personal grudge or enmity against Gogoi but if he failed to protect the lives and properties of people his party had to raise its voice.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know