Tarun Gogoi has failed: AIUDF chief
Guwahati: AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal on Sunday said Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had failed in his duty as the state home minister as evidenced in the violence in lower Assam that had calimed 77 lives.
"The law and order machinery in the state has failed and Gogoi as the chief minister has to bear the responsibility for this," Ajmal, whose party is the largest opposition party in the state, told reporters here today.
The condition of the minorities affected in the violence was pathetic and they would not be able to return to their respective homes from the camps by August 15 as most are still traumatised.
``The government has to provide adequate security to the victims and allay their fears so that they can leave the camps``, he added.
The AIUDF leader said he had no personal grudge or enmity against Gogoi but if he failed to protect the lives and properties of people his party had to raise its voice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi