Tarun Gogoi seeks more trains for Assam
Guwahati: Ahead of the rail budget, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Saturday urged Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda to sanction more trains for Assam.
In a letter to Gowda, he urged him to introduce a super fast weekly express train between Dibrugarh and Pune, and daily inter-city express trains between Guwahati and Murkongselek, Guwahati and Naharlagun, Rangiya and Naharlagun, Rangiya and Dibrugarh.
Gogoi requested the provision of an alternative railway line stretching from Coochbehar in West Bengal to Assam`s Abhayapuri in the railway budget, to be presented in parliament July 8.
Besides, he appealed for introduction of a passenger train between Guwahati and Mendipathar in Meghalaya`s Garo Hills and fast daily express trains from Dibrugarh/Guwahati to Mumbai, Guwahati to Vellore/Chennai and Guwahati/Dibrugarh to Amritsar/Jammu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note