Tarun Gogoi takes oath as Assam CM
Guwahati: Congress veteran Tarun Gogoi was on Wednesday sworn-in as the chief minister of Assam for a third straight term.
Governor JB Patnaik administered the oath of office and secrecy to the 76-year-old leader at a simple function at the Raj Bhawan here.
Gogoi took the oath in Assamese.
He would announce the list of his Council of Ministers later this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies