Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday visited the blast site in Guwahati where one CRPF personnel was killed and instructed that strong measures be taken so that violence did not spread to other parts of the state.
"I have taken the incident at Paltan Bazar very seriously. I have instructed that strong measures be taken so that violence like the one here and in Dhubri district last night do not spread to other places in the state", Gogoi told reporters at the blast site.
Police has picked up 50 people for interrogation in connection with the yesterday`s explosion and efforts are on to identify the insurgency group responsible for the blast, he said.
"Many forces are active in the state to create unrest and we have to remain very vigilant. I seek peoples cooperation, particularly those near railway and bus stations, markets for providing inputs about suspicious activities and movements."
Gogoi said the government had been successful in preventing several explosions by recovering grenades and bombs during intensive search operations. "Yes, some blasts have not been preempted. We will examine those so that we prevent such incidents in the future."
The Chief Minister also met the injured in the blast admitted in Gauhati Medical College Hospital and assured to give them financial aid.