Tea garden employee kidnapped in Sonitpur
Tezpur: A tea garden employee was allegedly abducted from Dafflagarh in Sonitpur district, leading to protests by locals.
According to the police, four miscreants armed with pistols last night kidnapped Pradip Lahon (32), an employee of Dafflagarh tea estate from the garden premises.
Although no organisation has claimed responsibility for the act, police suspects this is done by Birsa Commando Force, said district SP Arabinda Kalita.
"Police has continued its operation in the area to rescue the abducted person. Besides, a camp of Assam police battalion will be established at Dafflagarh tea estate for maintaining law and order situation of the remote area from tomorrow," Kalita added.
Meanwhile, local people today blocked for three hours the road that connects Gohpur and Arunachal Pradesh at Tetonbari demanding immediate release and rescue of Lahon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur