Tea garden employee kidnapped in Sonitpur
Tezpur: A tea garden employee was allegedly abducted from Dafflagarh in Sonitpur district, leading to protests by locals.
According to the police, four miscreants armed with pistols last night kidnapped Pradip Lahon (32), an employee of Dafflagarh tea estate from the garden premises.
Although no organisation has claimed responsibility for the act, police suspects this is done by Birsa Commando Force, said district SP Arabinda Kalita.
"Police has continued its operation in the area to rescue the abducted person. Besides, a camp of Assam police battalion will be established at Dafflagarh tea estate for maintaining law and order situation of the remote area from tomorrow," Kalita added.
Meanwhile, local people today blocked for three hours the road that connects Gohpur and Arunachal Pradesh at Tetonbari demanding immediate release and rescue of Lahon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional