Tea garden owner, wife burnt alive in Assam
Guwahati: The owner of a tea estate and his wife were burnt alive on Wednesday by a group of agitated labourers in Assam, police said.
The incident occurred in the evening at the MKB Tea Estate in Tinsukia district, about 500 km from Assam`s main city Guwahati.
The labourers, numbering over 1,000, marched up to the bungalow of the tea estate owner Mridul Bhattacharya and allegedly set it on fire in protest against the arrest of two employees by police and non-payment of salaries, police said.
The agitated employees also torched a couple of vehicles, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly