Teenage girl killed, night curfew imposed in Chirang
Chirang: A teenage girl was killed by unknown assailants on Saturday at a place under Amguri police station in Chirang district, where indefinite night curfew has been imposed.
The class XI student of Amguri Higher secondary School had gone with another girl from her neighbourhood to catch fish in Kanamakra river in No1 Baldi village when a group of unknown attackers killed her, police said.
The other girls managed to escape and report the matter to the villagers, who informed police, the sources said.
The local people claimed that the girl was raped and killed.
As a preventive measure, the district administration imposed night curfew from 6 pm to 6 am in Chirang, Amguri and Bijni police station areas today.
Police have launched an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter