Teenage girl killed, night curfew imposed in Chirang
Chirang: A teenage girl was killed by unknown assailants on Saturday at a place under Amguri police station in Chirang district, where indefinite night curfew has been imposed.
The class XI student of Amguri Higher secondary School had gone with another girl from her neighbourhood to catch fish in Kanamakra river in No1 Baldi village when a group of unknown attackers killed her, police said.
The other girls managed to escape and report the matter to the villagers, who informed police, the sources said.
The local people claimed that the girl was raped and killed.
As a preventive measure, the district administration imposed night curfew from 6 pm to 6 am in Chirang, Amguri and Bijni police station areas today.
Police have launched an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority