Teenage girl killed, night curfew imposed in Chirang
Chirang: A teenage girl was killed by unknown assailants on Saturday at a place under Amguri police station in Chirang district, where indefinite night curfew has been imposed.
The class XI student of Amguri Higher secondary School had gone with another girl from her neighbourhood to catch fish in Kanamakra river in No1 Baldi village when a group of unknown attackers killed her, police said.
The other girls managed to escape and report the matter to the villagers, who informed police, the sources said.
The local people claimed that the girl was raped and killed.
As a preventive measure, the district administration imposed night curfew from 6 pm to 6 am in Chirang, Amguri and Bijni police station areas today.
Police have launched an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof