Teenage girl killed, night curfew imposed in Chirang
Chirang: A teenage girl was killed by unknown assailants on Saturday at a place under Amguri police station in Chirang district, where indefinite night curfew has been imposed.
The class XI student of Amguri Higher secondary School had gone with another girl from her neighbourhood to catch fish in Kanamakra river in No1 Baldi village when a group of unknown attackers killed her, police said.
The other girls managed to escape and report the matter to the villagers, who informed police, the sources said.
The local people claimed that the girl was raped and killed.
As a preventive measure, the district administration imposed night curfew from 6 pm to 6 am in Chirang, Amguri and Bijni police station areas today.
Police have launched an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote
- Sanders says he will vote for Clinton in November election
- Siddaramaiah goes into damage control mode as discontent grows post Cabinet reshuffle