Ten additional para companies deployed in violence-hit Karbi Anglong
New Delhi/Guwahati: The central government has deployed ten additional paramilitary companies in Assam’s volence hit Karbi Anglong District.
With the law and order situation showing signs of improvement, Karbi Anglong Deputy Commissioner P K Buragohain has said day and night curfew will be relaxed and eventually lifted to allow villagers and locals to purchase essential items.
He also said that an assessment of the damage caused during violence is likely to be completed in another four to five days and added that compensation would be given to the affected people as per norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city