Ten additional para companies deployed in violence-hit Karbi Anglong
New Delhi/Guwahati: The central government has deployed ten additional paramilitary companies in Assam’s volence hit Karbi Anglong District.
With the law and order situation showing signs of improvement, Karbi Anglong Deputy Commissioner P K Buragohain has said day and night curfew will be relaxed and eventually lifted to allow villagers and locals to purchase essential items.
He also said that an assessment of the damage caused during violence is likely to be completed in another four to five days and added that compensation would be given to the affected people as per norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS