Ten additional para companies deployed in violence-hit Karbi Anglong
New Delhi/Guwahati: The central government has deployed ten additional paramilitary companies in Assam’s volence hit Karbi Anglong District.
With the law and order situation showing signs of improvement, Karbi Anglong Deputy Commissioner P K Buragohain has said day and night curfew will be relaxed and eventually lifted to allow villagers and locals to purchase essential items.
He also said that an assessment of the damage caused during violence is likely to be completed in another four to five days and added that compensation would be given to the affected people as per norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual don't come under third gender; give reservation to transgenders: SC to Centre
- Novak Djokovic calls for football-style Davis Cup to keep tournament alive
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez impersonating Lisa Haydon will make you ROFL-- Watch
- Cold war between Bollywood buddies Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt - All you need to know
- German Bakery blast: Maharashtra govt challenges verdict commuting death penalty of Himayat Baig