Ten additional para companies deployed in violence-hit Karbi Anglong
New Delhi/Guwahati: The central government has deployed ten additional paramilitary companies in Assam’s volence hit Karbi Anglong District.
With the law and order situation showing signs of improvement, Karbi Anglong Deputy Commissioner P K Buragohain has said day and night curfew will be relaxed and eventually lifted to allow villagers and locals to purchase essential items.
He also said that an assessment of the damage caused during violence is likely to be completed in another four to five days and added that compensation would be given to the affected people as per norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you