Tension in Assam`s Baksa after four youth found killed
Guwahati: Tension erupted in Assam`s Baksa district - a part of the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) - after bodies of four youths were found Sunday, police said.
The four bodies were recovered from a village called Gerua Ashram under Baganpara police station in the district. All the four bore injury marks, police added.
"Our investigation is on to find out the motive behind the killing and those involved in the crime," a police officer said, adding that local villagers spotted the bodies lying in paddy fields and informed the police.
"Family members of the deceased said that the four were called out of their houses by unidentified people last night and killed," police said.
Baksa, which is a part of BTAD along with Kokrajhar, Chirang and Udalguri districts, had witnessed one of the worst-ever spells of ethnic violence between the Bodos and Bengali-speaking Muslim settlers last year that left over 100 people dead and close to five lakh people displaced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!