Tension in Assam`s Baksa after four youth found killed
Guwahati: Tension erupted in Assam`s Baksa district - a part of the Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) - after bodies of four youths were found Sunday, police said.
The four bodies were recovered from a village called Gerua Ashram under Baganpara police station in the district. All the four bore injury marks, police added.
"Our investigation is on to find out the motive behind the killing and those involved in the crime," a police officer said, adding that local villagers spotted the bodies lying in paddy fields and informed the police.
"Family members of the deceased said that the four were called out of their houses by unidentified people last night and killed," police said.
Baksa, which is a part of BTAD along with Kokrajhar, Chirang and Udalguri districts, had witnessed one of the worst-ever spells of ethnic violence between the Bodos and Bengali-speaking Muslim settlers last year that left over 100 people dead and close to five lakh people displaced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!