Tension in Dhubri after desecration of place of worship
Dhubri: Police on Saturday fired in the air to disperse a mob protesting the damage to a place of worship and theft of ornaments worth Rs two lakh from there in Assam`s Dhubri district, police said.
Police fired six rounds in the air at R K Mission Road here as locals blocked the road, protesting the desecration of the worship place last night when curfew was in place in the town.
The town observed a spontaneous bandh with markets, shops, business establishments, offices, educational institutions and banks closing down, officials said.
Locals demanded that the culprits be arrested within a day.
Night curfew from 10 pm to 6 am was on in the region since violence broke out in Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District (BTAD) and Dhubri district last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!
- WATCH: OUCH! Brett Lee DESTROYS Piers Morgan in nets with BRUTAL deliveries, fractures rib