Three held after rhino carcass without horn recovered in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: Three persons were arrested after the carcass of a male rhino, without its horn, was recovered from the Kaziranga National Park, forest department sources said on Saturday.
The carcass was spotted during the routine patrolling by forest guards near Tohola camp in Agaratoli Range of the Park yesterday evening, they said, adding that the rhino was suspected to have been killed on Wednesday night.
Investigations into the incident lead to the arrest of one poacher last night and two others near the Park this morning, sources added.
The world heritage site, famed for its one-horn rhino, was opened to tourists yesterday for a period of four months after it was routinely closed in May before the monsoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic