Three held after rhino carcass without horn recovered in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: Three persons were arrested after the carcass of a male rhino, without its horn, was recovered from the Kaziranga National Park, forest department sources said on Saturday.
The carcass was spotted during the routine patrolling by forest guards near Tohola camp in Agaratoli Range of the Park yesterday evening, they said, adding that the rhino was suspected to have been killed on Wednesday night.
Investigations into the incident lead to the arrest of one poacher last night and two others near the Park this morning, sources added.
The world heritage site, famed for its one-horn rhino, was opened to tourists yesterday for a period of four months after it was routinely closed in May before the monsoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department