Three held after rhino carcass without horn recovered in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: Three persons were arrested after the carcass of a male rhino, without its horn, was recovered from the Kaziranga National Park, forest department sources said on Saturday.
The carcass was spotted during the routine patrolling by forest guards near Tohola camp in Agaratoli Range of the Park yesterday evening, they said, adding that the rhino was suspected to have been killed on Wednesday night.
Investigations into the incident lead to the arrest of one poacher last night and two others near the Park this morning, sources added.
The world heritage site, famed for its one-horn rhino, was opened to tourists yesterday for a period of four months after it was routinely closed in May before the monsoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui