Three held after rhino carcass without horn recovered in Kaziranga
Kaziranga: Three persons were arrested after the carcass of a male rhino, without its horn, was recovered from the Kaziranga National Park, forest department sources said on Saturday.
The carcass was spotted during the routine patrolling by forest guards near Tohola camp in Agaratoli Range of the Park yesterday evening, they said, adding that the rhino was suspected to have been killed on Wednesday night.
Investigations into the incident lead to the arrest of one poacher last night and two others near the Park this morning, sources added.
The world heritage site, famed for its one-horn rhino, was opened to tourists yesterday for a period of four months after it was routinely closed in May before the monsoon.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today