Three injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Rangiya: Three people were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Goreshwar area of Baksa district in lower Assam this afternoon.
The incident took place when the three noticed a packet hung from a tree between Harijori and Bagdoba in the district and one of them brought it down, police said.
Baniram Deka, Deepak Deka and Laganu Kalita suffered serious injuries in the explosion and were shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment.
Police and army personnel have cordoned off the area.
The Assam police had earlier this week sounded a `red alert` throughout the state in view of the anti-talk ULFA faction`s threat to engage in subversive activities in the run-up to the Independence Day celebrations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!