Three injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Rangiya: Three people were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Goreshwar area of Baksa district in lower Assam this afternoon.
The incident took place when the three noticed a packet hung from a tree between Harijori and Bagdoba in the district and one of them brought it down, police said.
Baniram Deka, Deepak Deka and Laganu Kalita suffered serious injuries in the explosion and were shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment.
Police and army personnel have cordoned off the area.
The Assam police had earlier this week sounded a `red alert` throughout the state in view of the anti-talk ULFA faction`s threat to engage in subversive activities in the run-up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?