Three injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Rangiya: Three people were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Goreshwar area of Baksa district in lower Assam this afternoon.
The incident took place when the three noticed a packet hung from a tree between Harijori and Bagdoba in the district and one of them brought it down, police said.
Baniram Deka, Deepak Deka and Laganu Kalita suffered serious injuries in the explosion and were shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment.
Police and army personnel have cordoned off the area.
The Assam police had earlier this week sounded a `red alert` throughout the state in view of the anti-talk ULFA faction`s threat to engage in subversive activities in the run-up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter