Three injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Rangiya: Three people were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Goreshwar area of Baksa district in lower Assam this afternoon.
The incident took place when the three noticed a packet hung from a tree between Harijori and Bagdoba in the district and one of them brought it down, police said.
Baniram Deka, Deepak Deka and Laganu Kalita suffered serious injuries in the explosion and were shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment.
Police and army personnel have cordoned off the area.
The Assam police had earlier this week sounded a `red alert` throughout the state in view of the anti-talk ULFA faction`s threat to engage in subversive activities in the run-up to the Independence Day celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi