Three injured in bomb explosion in Assam
Rangiya: Three people were seriously injured when a bomb exploded in Goreshwar area of Baksa district in lower Assam this afternoon.
The incident took place when the three noticed a packet hung from a tree between Harijori and Bagdoba in the district and one of them brought it down, police said.
Baniram Deka, Deepak Deka and Laganu Kalita suffered serious injuries in the explosion and were shifted to the Guwahati Medical College for treatment.
Police and army personnel have cordoned off the area.
The Assam police had earlier this week sounded a `red alert` throughout the state in view of the anti-talk ULFA faction`s threat to engage in subversive activities in the run-up to the Independence Day celebrations.
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state